Project U.S.E. Donation Policy
Unless otherwise indicated for major gifts over $2,500 or funds raised for specifically designated campaigns, we will carefully consider the needs of our organization and will use gifts where we determine it is most needed, so that all donations will best support the work of Project U.S.E. When processing each gift, we will follow the Donor’s Bill of Rights (as outlined below) and Generally Accepted Accounting Principles standards.
Project U.S.E. will not accept any restrictions on use of donations less than $2,500; however, if you specifically request at the time of donation that funds be distributed to a specific program we will honor such request so long as distribution does not conflict with other Project U.S.E. policies and priorities.
Donor’s Bill of Rights
Philanthropy is based on voluntary action for the common good. It is a tradition of giving and sharing that is primary to the quality of life. To ensure that philanthropy merits the respect and trust of the general public, and that donors and prospective donors can have full confidence in the nonprofit organizations and causes they are asked to support, we declare that all donors have these rights:
- To be informed of the organization’s mission, of the way the organization intends to use donated resources, and of its capacity to use donations effectively for their intended purposes.
- To be informed of the identity of those serving on the organization’s governing board, and to expect the board to exercise prudent judgment in its stewardship responsibilities.
- To have access to the organization’s most recent financial statements.
- To be assured their gifts will be used for the purposes for which they were given.
- To receive appropriate acknowledgement and recognition.
- To be assured that information about their donation is handled with respect and with confidentiality to the extent provided by law.
- To expect that all relationships with individuals representing organizations of interest to the donor will be professional in nature.
- To be informed whether those seeking donations are volunteers, employees of the organization, or hired solicitors.
- To have the opportunity for their names to be deleted from mailing lists that an organization may intend to share.
- To feel free to ask questions when making a donation and to receive prompt, truthful and forthright answers.
If you have questions about our donation policy, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we’d be happy to speak with you.
For donations made using our website, if you have made an error in making your donation or change your mind about contributing to Project U.S.E., we will honor your request for a refund made within 7 days of your donation.
To request a refund, call +1 (973) 645-0080. Refunds are returned using the original method of payment. If you made your donation by credit card, your refund will be credited to that same credit card.